Click Here to Return to Index
Click Here to Return to Milestones
There is none of the many manufacturing industries of Beaver Falls which enjoys a wider reputation throughout the Western continent than the Champion Saw and Gas Engine Company, whose works are located on the Pennsylvania Railroad, near Geneva Station. This company was established in 1887 and ten years later was incorporated with a capital of $100,000. The works cover about two acres and twenty-five skilled workmen are employed.
This company manufactures the Champion gas engine, which has so superior, being the most simple, durable and easily operated of any on the market and especially adapted for flour and feed mills, threshing machines, electric light and pumping plants, feed cutters, ice cream freezers or any purpose requiring power. They also manufacture the Champion chisel bit saw, which is one of the most popular in use and also make solid and inserted tooth, circular, gang, drag and crosscut saws, as well as metal cutting saws and saws of special size and pattern. -
They also do a large amount of job work, repairing and fine machine work and are always prepared to furnish estimates. Their office is connected with 'phone 23-J and their handsome illustrated catalogue will be sent on application. Their trade extends all over the United States and Canada.
The officers and directors of this company are gentlemen prominent in manufacturing and financial circles, public spirited and liberal and active in the advancement and welfare of the valley. The president, Mr. James Scott, is one of the trustees of Geneva College and is interested in several important industries in the Valley. Mr. George S. Hunter, vice-president, is one of Beaver Falls' largest contractors. The secretary and treasurer, Mr. William Pearce and Mr. George S. Perry, business manager, are both thoroughly practical and experienced businessmen. (1905)