Click Here to Return to Index
Click Here to Return to Milestones
James and Matthew Nelson House--built in 1810. It is considered the first underground station in Beaver County. Runaways came here out of the South and were then often moved to Vanport by boat. Other Southside homes are rumored to have been used in this enterprise. The Nelson House is located near Hookstown on US 30, about two miles east of Laughlin's Corners.