Click Here to Return to Index
Click Here to Return to Milestones
Chapel Road in Center Township is named for McGuire's Chapel Methodist Church. It was founded in 1857 and the chapel was built in 1859. The First Methodist Church in Monaca started as a branch of McGuire's Chapel, which was named for the first minister. Today, nothing remains but the cemetery, unfortunately overgrown with poison ivy. There is a Chapel Road in Brighton Township with a church at each end.